Are you ready to lead projects that make a real difference for men and boys in Brighton & Hove but perhaps feel you need some training, mentoring and support to do this?
The Men’s Network has a few places left on its new leaders training program that’s designed to empower you to become a community leader for men and boys in Brighton & Hove.
The 3 month program is now open to anyone who is committed to supporting The Men’s Network vision of a city that works for everyone – men and boys included.
Participants already accepted on the program include:
* A young testicular cancer survivor committed to raising awareness of the disease amongst his peers
* An early years worker committed to getting more men into childcare
* An art graduate committed to working with male victims of violence
* A separated dad committed to helping dads in the family courts
* A gay man committed to working with older men with HIV/AIDS
Both men and women can apply for the programme as long as you have a genuine interest in one of the following areas:
* Supporting fathers at any stage of fatherhood
* Improving men and boys health – physical, emotional, mental, sexual and spiritual
* Helping boys get the best possible start in life
* Building safer communities by keeping men and boys safe
* Event Management
Successful applicants will be given specialist leadership training, coaching and support to develop a project in an area that they are passionate about over a 3 month period.
You don’t have to know what your project will be to apply, but you do need to demonstrate that you are passionate and committed to improving the way our city works for men and boys.
The program includes 3 one day workshops on the following Saturdays:
30th July. Vision and goal setting and values embodiment.
3rd September: Planning, organisation and resource management
1st October: Motivation, Engagement and persuasion skills
There will also be a series of shorter workshops, meetings and tele-conferences on Wednesday evenings throughout the program as well as weekly 1-2-1 coaching sessions which can take place by phone.
To find our more about this unique program and to apply now to train as a community leader with The Men’s Network contact: Glen Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07981 33422.
The Men’s Network is also interested here from people wanting to develop their coaching skills by taking part in this initiative and anyone who would like to train as a community leader in the future and cannot take part in the July – October program for any reason.