FIRST NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR MEN & BOYS 2011
On Tuesday 1st November 2011 hundreds of experts and professionals from across the UK will gather in Brighton & Hove to take part in the UK’s FIRST NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR MEN & BOYS (click here now to BOOK YOUR TICKETS today).
The event aims to be the biggest gathering of people committed to improving the lives of men and boys ever seen in the UK and will provide a unique opportunity to:
- Meet some of the country’s leading specialists working with men and boys in the UK
- Find out about some of the most innovative men and boys projects in the UK today
- Take part in a series of great debates on issues that really matter to men and boys
- Hear what actions the experts think are needed to help all men and boys in the UK to fulfill their potential
- Help us create a national action plan for men and boys
- Make new contacts and connections to help you in your specialist field
- Get inspired and motivated with new ideas for improving the lives of men and boys
The day long National Conference For Men and Boys will feature:
A BIG DEBATE: Where some of the country’s leading thinkers debate a series of big questions including:
- Do We Need A National Strategy For Men & Boys?
- Were the riots a Men’s issue?
- Is Fatherlessness worth fighting?
- Are schools failing Boys?
- How do we stop Violence Against Men and Boys?
- Do we need a Big Male Society?
- Is it time we had a Minister for Men and Boys?
FOUR ROLLING ACTION WORKSHOPS: Where all delegates get the opportunity to take part in an interactive workshop on one of four themes:
- Helping Men Live Longer Happier Healthier Lives
- Giving Every Boy The Best Possible Start In Life
- Helping Every Dad To Be A Great Dad
- Making Communities Safe By Keeping Men and Boys Safe
A PROJECT SHOWCASE: Where you can meet the people behind some of the top examples of innovative ways to work effectively with men and boys in areas such as:
- Tackling male suicide
- Improving boys’ literacy
- Working with excluded fathers
- Mentoring young men and boys
- Beating male cancer in the community
- Tackling drug, alcohol and substance abuse in men
- Working with men to end domestic violence
- Helping men who have been raped and sexually abused
- Working with men and boys to promote healthy sex lives
- Promoting emotional and mental wellbeing in men and boys
- Engaging men and boys in community and voluntary action
- Tackling the isolation of men in later life
A SECTOR MARKETPLACE: Where you can find out about a whole range of different organisations, projects and initiatives for men and boys from across the UK
AN ACTIVISTS’ SOAPBOX: Where we give passionate people who are committed to improving the lives of men and boys in the UK a platform to share and debate their views
CAMPAIGN CORNER: Where you can find out about some of the different issues that people across the country are campaigning for on behalf of men and boys
MEET THE EXPERTS: Where you can take part in a series of mini masterclasses in an informal with a range of sector experts
A BIG PLAN: Where you can contribute to the creation of a national action plan for men and boys
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS………click on the question to find the answer