Did you know that a baby boy bled to death in London this year as a result of a medically unnecessary circumcision? Or that a woman in Salford will be tried for manslaughter later this year because a baby boy she circumcised for religious reasons also bled to death?
This shocking news has so far been kept from the national media and when baby boys are bleeding to death in the UK and not afforded the same legal protection as girls against medically unnecessary genital cutting, then doing nothing is no longer an option
To help us prevent further cases of death and injury from this medically unnecessary practice that affects more than half a million boys in the UK, The Men’s Network is seeking to work with a broad range of partners to tackle this issue – and we’d like supporters and readers to consider what action you and your organization can take to help us address this problem
To help you take the first step towards making a decision today we have five actions for you to take and we’d like you to consider choosing one and taking action now. We believe that big problems can be resolved when enough people take small actions together, so please take one action now:
1. You can CLICK HERE to book a ticket to join us at the end of July for a mini-conference called How To Prevent Unnecessary Male Circumcision
2. You can sign an online petition to End Unnecessary Male Circumcision in the UK today – CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION NOW
3. You can get in touch with us today to find out how your organization can join an alliance of concerned professionals working to end this practice
4. You can visit the End Male Circumcision blog to find out more about this issue – CLICK TO VISIT THE BLOG
5. You can help us get people thinking about how we can prevent more boys bleeding to death in future by passing this email on to others and discussing this important issue with colleagues and friends
Thanks for making time to consider taking action and please feel free to forward this post to everyone you know who will want to know about this important issue and take action too
Like you, we are committed to improving the lives of men and boys in the UK and together we can make a difference on this issue. When baby boys are bleeding to death in our towns and cities, doing nothing is no longer an option.
Thanks for taking action today!