Men’s Health Week 2012 (June 11-17 2012) is approaching fast and this year it’s theme is Taking Heart: Promoting Heart Health in Men.
Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common cause of death – and premature death – for men in the UK. Heart disease disproportionately affects men and especially men in the lower income groups.
Here are some shocking statistics provided by our friends at The Men’s Health Forum who promote Men’s Health Week every year:
- Men are twice as likely to have a heart attack
- Men are almost twice as likely as women to develop angina
- Men are and -and-a-half times more likely to experience heart failure.
- Men are 60% more likely than women to develop heart disease
- Overall, the cost of men’s heart disease to the UK economy is about £5.3bn a year
Click here now to register to get involved in Men’s Health Week 2012 and help improve the heart health of men in the UK.