The Men’s Network has been awarded £1,100 of funding to raise awareness of cancer in Brighton & Hove.
The Beat Male Cancer campaign will be headed by local testicular cancer survivor, Ryan Walshe, who established the Talking Testicles awareness-raising campaign in 2011 whilst taking part in The Men’s Network’s Community Leaders Programme.
The funding – from People Can – will be used to:
- Help Ryan continue awareness talks in local schools
- Help Ryan establish a male cancer survivors support group
- Help develop a Beat Male Cancer network in Brighton & Hove
- Help extend Ryan’s talks into community settings
- Help develop awareness initiatives on all male cancers
Ryan delivered talks on testicular cancer to over 1,000 teenagers in the 2011 and at least one local boy has had preventative surgery as a result.
To read more about Ryan’s Talking Testicles campaign and our plans to beat male cancer click on the following links: