The Men’s Network is hosting its first 2011 gathering for people committed to male mentoring in the city of Brighton & Hove next week.
One of our long-term commitments is to develop more male mentors and male mentoring opportunities in our city, particularly for the young men and boys who most need this type of support.
Anyone can come along to this gathering including:
- Men interested in becoming mentors
- Anyone with experience of mentoring
- Anyone wanting to recruit more male mentors
At the event we will aim to:
- Highlight some of the great mentoring projects in the city
- Discuss the gaps and opportunities in mentoring for men and boys
- Explore how we can all work together to develop more male mentoring in our city
We’ll also share with you some of the actions we are taking which include:
- Developing a recruitment campaign for existing mentoring projects
- Undertaking a gender audit of mentoring in Brighton & Hove to uncover what percentage of mentors and mentees are male
- Planning mentoring services in niche areas such as mentors for young fathers, new fathers and separating fathers
The Male Mentoring Gathering takes place on Wednesday 23rd March between 7.30 pm and 9.30 pm at Community Base on Queen’s Road, Brighton.
To book your place contact Glen Poole on 07981 334222 or email email@example.com.