Transforming the way the world works for men and boys can only happen if we involve and support men in developing local groups and communities that actively create opportunities for every man and boy in our city to give help and get help whenever they need it.
To help us deliver this objective in 2011-2012 The Men’s Network will appoint a Network Director to support our city’s communities to involve and include men and boys.
The role of the Network Director will be to oversee the development of a dynamic network of groups, networks and communities across the city and beyond. Specific objectives could include:
- Extending the reach of our strategic networks – eg ensuring the work of the Education Taskforce reaches the broadest possible range of head teachers, teachers, governors, parents groups etc
- Identify opportunities to connect with existing networks across the city’s family of partnerships and develop new networks where appropriate
- Develop the Dads Connect network to helps us optimise our reach to every dad at every stage of fatherhood
- To develop a network of organisations and individuals to support our literacy campaign
- To develop a network of organisations and individuals to support our Get A Move On campaign
- To develop a network of organisations and individuals to support our Male Mentoring campaign
- To develop a network of groups/spaces where men and boys can talk
- To develop a communications network that helps us reach every man and boy in the city