If we are to transform the way the world works for men and boys the we need to develop a culture of public service that is both pro-male and pro-female.
To help us deliver this objective in 2011-2012 The Men’s Network will appoint a Strategic Director to focus on creating a city that works for everyone – including men and boys.
The role of the Strategic Director will be to oversee ongoing development and delivery of the strategy and lead on promoting and delivering cultural change in the city. Specific objectives could include:
- Developing and strengthening the network of organisations and individuals that make up the strategic framework
- Making the case that men and boys are a distinct group with specific needs that should be considered in all strategies and policies and service plans
- Seeking to influence international, national, local and hyper-local decision makers to recognise men and boys as a distinct group with specific needs
- Building an evidence base to support this case which will include rigorously measuring and evaluating the work delivered through this strategy
- Identifying and addressing the barriers to service that men and boys experience and working with partners to deliver cultural change
- Developing and delivering a communication strategy to support the strategy
- Supporting, promoting and building the capacity of existing initiatives for men and boys
- To identify gaps where there is little or no service and create solutions
- To take action to increase funding for projects for men and boys in Brighton & Hove
- To make data on men and boys access to and outcomes from the fullest possible range public services more readily available